What’s up with test corrections?
For every test that you take in this class, you are required to do test corrections even if you are satisfied with your grade. The point of test corrections is to give you the opportunity to improve and to demonstrate your understanding of the material.
When are test corrections due?
Test corrections are due a week after your receive your test. That is, if I give you back your test on Tuesday, you must return your test corrections to me by the following Tuesday. Since a week is sufficient time to work on your test correction, any late test corrections will result in a zero.
How to do a good test correction?
1. DO A TEST REFLECTION
On a separate piece of loose-leaf paper (not in your notebook), answer the following questions in complete sentences (so I can understand what you are trying to tell me!).
1. What grade did you get on your test?
2. What grade do you think you deserve (based on how much you learned from this unit)?
3. How much studying did you do for this test? Please describe HOW you prepared for this test.
4. Do you think your studying was effective? Why or why not?
5. Do you think you really UNDERSTAND this material?
2. CORRECT THE QUESTIONS YOU MISSED ON THE TEST ON A SEPARATE PIECE OF PAPER FROM YOUR REFLECTIONS
For EVERY SINGLE QUESTION you missed or lost ANY points on, do ALL of the following:
a. Write out the complete correct answer. (If you missed a multiple-choice question, you must write out an entire complete sentence, not just the letter of the answer. This does NOT mean you have to write out the entire question, just put the question into a complete sentence). You also must SHOW YOUR WORK.
b. You must explain how you came up with the correct answer.
b. Where did you find the correct answer? (This could be your notebook, the textbook, your brilliant teacher, etc)
3. ANSWER THIS LAST QUESTION
6. What (if anything) will you do differently next time while preparing for a test in this class?
4. STAPLE ALL THE PAGES TOGETHER, ATTACH YOUR TEST TO THE BACK, AND TURN THE WHOLE THING IN ON TIME!!!
How much are test corrections worth?
Test corrections are worth a quiz grade. If you do not complete your test corrections, you will get a zero. If your test corrections are late, you will receive a zero. If you received a perfect score on your initial test, then, you get an automatic 100 on the test correction!