TEAK's application process begins in October each year. Through a comprehensive six-month process, applicants participate in several rounds of screening that include a financial assessment, diagnostic tests, a written application, and interviews. TEAK's five-year Fellowships are awarded based on both academic merit and financial need.
Qualified candidates MUST:
- Be enrolled in the SEVENTH grade at the time of their application
- Attend a PUBLIC or PAROCHIAL school in one of the five boroughs of NYC
- Earn 3s & 4s or 90% AND ABOVE in all grades and on tests
- Come from families WITH FINANCIAL NEED
- Provide proof of academic merit and income
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States
Each spring, TEAK accepts 25 students as Fellows. They begin attending the Spring Intensive in May, participate in the Summer Institute following their seventh and eighth grade school years, and begin the High School Placement process by attending after-school and Saturday activities during their eighth grade school year. Fellows enter the Post-Placement program during high school and continue their Fellowship until they go to college.